HISTORY OF ST. PAUL’S CHURCH
St. Paul’s began as a mission project of the WELS in November 1943 during WWII. Services were first held at a rented store front building just a few blocks away from today’s sanctuary.
The congregation officially incorporated May 21, 1944. Three years later on Thanksgiving Day 1947 groundbreaking services were held at the present location of the church. Construction of the church began with the church basement where services were first held. Today’s sanctuary was begun on April 29, 1959 and completed November 29th of that same year.
St. Paul’s has always had a deep committment to Christian education and a Lutheran school was built behind the congregation. In June 1960 the school graduated its first class.
Today St. Paul’s Lutheran has an average Sunday morning worship attendance of about eighty people. Our family style church continues to proudly support our parochial school.